This course will provide students with an introduction to digital photography. Students will learn about the different types of cameras and explore the use of different editing tools. The objective is to give students the skills to take strong photographs by exposing them to the principles of composition and providing instruction on basic editing techniques. Students can use any type digital camera they have available and will use either Photoshop, Gimp or Picsart for photo-editing. Students will need to download the chosen software by the start of week 2 of the course.
Students will experiment with a variety of photo-editing techniques culminating with an exhibit based on the theme of their choice.
Students must have basic understanding of how to use a digital camera.
• Create digital images learn that demonstrate principles of composition.
• Create digital images using a variety of photo-editing techniques
• Create a photography series of photographs on a theme
• Learn about self assessment, peer critiques and exercises in visual literacy
• Learn to look at photographs with a critical eye
Students must provide their own digital camera and will use either Photoshop, Gimp or Picsart for photo-editing. Students will need to download the chosen software by week 2 of the course.
Students should have a basic understanding of how to use their digital cameras.
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Summer 17 Session 1, Summer 17 Session 2
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools, AdvancED