This is a flexible instructor-led credit recovery English 9 course. Instructors regularly interact with students and provide assistance and feedback on work. This course covers a full year of English 9 for credit recovery. Students may work at their own pace to complete the course, and may take up to 15 weeks to complete the course. This course is designed for students in grades 9-12.
This course concentrates on three areas of study: literature, language, and writing. Our study of literature will include short stories, poetry, nonfiction, and one novel. You will increase your language skills and polish your grammar skills with vocabulary lists and quizzes. These skills will go hand in hand with the writing lessons, as you work on improving your written communication.
All class materials and assignments are online so you do not have to lug a heavy backpack, pencils, or books to class. The course is just a mouse click away.
“See you” in class!
Please note that not cover a full year's curriculum with the same depth that is covered in a year-long course. In addition, if the student is taking this course for credit recovery, it is advised that you check with the student's school to confirm that the topics covered (see course syllabus) match those required by the school. You may also want to confirm with the school the process for receiving credits, which may involve an assessment administered separately by the school.
- To provide a basic and lasting foundation for future literature and writing endeavors.
- To expand student vocabulary and encourage the use of new vocabulary.
- To read various forms of literature and examine them within the context of art and human experience.
- To develop initial literary analysis skills by acquiring basic literary terminology and practicing analysis writing.
- To review and improve grammar skills necessary for written communication and expression by exploring the writing process and purposes for writing.
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Credit Recovery,High School
Ongoing 16-17, , Ongoing 17-18,
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
AdvancED, Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools