This is a flexible instructor-led credit recovery Algebra 1 course. Instructors regularly interact with students and provide assistance and feedback on work. This course covers a full year of Algebra 1 concepts for credit recovery. Students may work at their own pace to complete the course; students may take up to 15 weeks to complete the course.
Students are expected to work approximately 10 hours per week. The course will not cover a full year’s curriculum with the same depth that is covered in a year-long course. It is advised that you check with the student’s school to confirm that the topics covered match those required by the school. You may also want to confirm with the school the process for receiving credits, which may involve an assessment administered separately by the school.
All course material is included within the online course. There is no need to purchase textbooks or material of any kind.
• work with signed numbers
• understand the order of operations
• simplify and solve basic equations and radicals,
• understand and solve word problems,
• understand the concepts of function, domain and range, as well as straight-line equations,
• work with formulas and literal equations,
• work with ratios, proportions, and basic trigonometry,
• simplify algebraic expressions involving monomials and polynomials,
• understand linear, quadratic, and polynomial functions.
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Credit Recovery,High School
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools, AdvancED