Students continue to develop physical fitness skills through regular practice, effort, and perseverance. Students continue to work toward personal physical activity goals and track progress toward its achievement. The course focuses on healthy living and lifestyle choice, with an emphasis on the role of exercise and nutrition. Course content includes fitness assessment, regular physical activity, nutrition and sports injuries. In addition to setting and working toward personal fitness goals, students gain an understanding of how a wellness lifestyle affects the quality of life.
Completion of Physical Education 1: Personal Fitness Summer Offering. Physical Education 1 and Physical Education 2 may not be taken concurrently.
Student's parent/guardian must read and consent to The Virtual High School Physical Activity Liability Waiver
• Self-assess and evaluate personal fitness according to national standards.
• Set individualized goals for personal fitness.
• Create a personalized workout program that addresses your fitness level, goals, and interests.
• Maintain a Fitness Log to monitor and evaluate progress.
• Practice applying proper training principles and methods.
• Accumulate time in physical activities that are moderate to vigorous in intensity level.
• To progressively increase cardiovascular fitness.
• To develop coordination, endurance, flexibility, physical fitness, and strength.
• Identify common sports related problems and indicate how they can be prevented, detected and treated.
• To explain how eating nutritionally balanced meals and snacks promotes health.
• To describe the physical, social and emotional indicators of healthy people.
stopwatch, measuring tape, paper, basketball or similar
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Summer 17 Session 1, Summer 17 Session 2
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools, AdvancED