The purpose of this course is to promote the development and maintenance of personal health-related fitness. Students demonstrate and assess fitness levels by performing exercises or activities related to each fitness component, and establish personal goals to improve their fitness. The course focuses on healthy living and lifestyle choice, with an emphasis on the role of exercise. Course content includes fitness assessment, regular physical activity, and review of basic body systems.
- Self-assess and evaluate personal fitness according to national standards.
- Set individualized goals for personal fitness.
- Create a personalized workout program that addresses your fitness level, goals, and interests.
- Maintain a Fitness Log to monitor and evaluate progress.
- Practice applying proper training principles and methods.
- Accumulate time in physical activities that are moderate to vigorous in intensity level.
- To progressively increase cardiovascular fitness.
- To develop coordination, endurance, flexibility, physical fitness, and strength.
- To review how basic body systems work and are related to exercise.
- To review the effects of activity on the body, the risks associated with inactivity, and the basic components of health-related fitness (cardiovascular, muscle strength, muscle endurance, flexibility, and body composition).
basketball or similar
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Summer 17 Session 1, Summer 17 Session 2
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
AdvancED, Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools