This is an eight week summer course written for students in grades 7-12. This course covers a full year of Algebra I concepts for credit recovery .
All course material is included within the online course. There is no need to purchase textbooks or material of any kind.
Please note that because this course is eight weeks in duration, and students are expected to work approximately ten hours per week, the course will therefore not cover a full year's curriculum with the same depth that is covered in a year-long course. In addition, if the student is taking this course for credit recovery, it is advised that you check with the student's school to confirm that the topics covered (see course syllabus) match those required by the school. You may also want to confirm with the school the process for receiving credits, which may involve an assessment administered separately by the school.
Pre-Algebra or equivalent
· working with signed numbers
· understanding the order of operations
· simplifying and solving basic equations and radicals,
· understanding and solving word problems,
· understanding the concepts of function, domain and range, as well as straight-line equations,
· working with formulas and literal equations,
· working with ratios, proportions, and basic trigonometry,
· the simplification of algebraic expressions involving monomials and polynomials,
· understanding linear, quadratic, and polynomial functions.
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Summer 17 Extended Session,
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools, AdvancED, Summer Courses Certified by NCAA for Credit Recovery (VHS School Code: 221356)