Do you wonder how your body works? Take a journey through the major systems of the human body with us! Although this course is an introductory level class, it provides a comprehensive overview of the workings of the human body. We use many online readings and animations, as well as field trips to selected web sites in our exploration. You will join your fellow classmates as you investigate how the human body functions. Your critical reading and organizational skills, ability to communicate, and most of all, your curiosity will help you succeed in this course. The Human Body is a course designed to familiarize you with the key systems of the human body and how they function. The course studies the structures and basic functions of organs involved in the body systems.
Upon completion of this course you will:
- Understand and be able to describe the relationship between structure and function in the human body.
- Understand the organization of systems within the body and the contribution of each to the homeostasis of the whole body.
- Take responsibility for your own work.
- Learn to work collaboratively as each student contributes to the work and understanding of the group.
- Use correct standard English, proper spelling, and proper grammar in all work submitted in the class.
This is consistent with the following national standards:
- Develop the abilities of scientific inquiry and understanding about scientific inquiry.
- Develop understandings and abilities aligned with evidence, models, and explanation and with constancy, change, and measurement
Develop understanding of matter, energy, and the organization of living systems.
Access to PowerPoint software and Word-compatible word processor (DOC or DOCX), and familiar enough with software to create a PowerPoint presentation.
Science - Life Science
9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
AdvancED, Certified by NCAA for initial-eligibility (VHS School Code: 221356), Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools