There are two primary goals of Latin 1. On the one hand, Latin 1 focuses on pronunciation, vocabulary acquisition, and the grammar of the simple Latin sentence, so that the successful student will gain a rudimentary ability to comprehend Latin. On the other hand, Latin 1 enables the successful student to better understand and use English or other languages. A secondary goal is to introduce the student to Roman history and culture, which so heavily influence our own.
At the conclusion of Latin I, the successful student will be able to:
- Identify nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions and some pronouns in Latin and English.
- Form and use nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions and some pronouns.
- Read and write using simple Latin.
- Describe how Latin and English are similar and how they are different.
- Write and speak better English as well as employ a larger and more technical English vocabulary.
- Discuss who the Romans were and their impact on the world of today.
- Perform better on the verbal portion of standardized tests.
8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Gifted and Talented Middle School,High School
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
AdvancED, Certified by NCAA for initial-eligibility (VHS School Code: 221356), Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools