This course is written for students in grades 9-12.
Join us in a four week summer adventure to enhance your English skills using 21st Century tools! Regular activities will include reading short stories written by a variety of authors from various cultural backgrounds. Students will build basic literacy and vocabulary skills using web 2.0 tools. The instruction is culturally relevant and embraces the technology rich world in which we live.
All course material is included within the online course. There is no need to purchase textbooks or material of any kind.
Please note: If the student is taking this course for credit recovery, it is advised that you check with the student's school to confirm that the topics covered (see course syllabus) match those required by the school. You should also confirm with the school the process for receiving credits, which may involve an assessment administered separately by the school.
Students will be able to:
1. Define appropriate communication for the online forum.
2. Identify literary elements
3. Differentiate levels of questioning between levels 1-3 according of Costa’s levels
4. Develop and demonstrate understanding of vocabulary words
5. Demonstrate creative thinking using technology
6. Use technology to communicate
7. Use productivity tools and applications effectively and constructively
8. Transfer current knowledge to new and emerging technologies
9. Practice safe, legal, and ethical behavior in the use of technology
10. Demonstrate understanding of short stories and the use of literary elements in literature
7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Summer 17 Session 1, Summer 17 Session 2
Media Kit Shipped:
Media Kit Purchased:
MA NCES Code:
Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools, AdvancED